UPDATE COVID19 – 8/09/2020
Incerta sunt tempora – these are uncertain times. But permits that are suddenly withdrawn cannot prevent us from doing everything we can to be able to organize the Great Escape. So we buckled up and went to work, and we are very pleased to announce that this years edition will take place, although a little different.
As always, we want to give you both a great race experience as well as a taste of our amazing Legends Trails atmosphere, but therefore, we will have to change some things to be able to organize this year. Our first priority in this is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of both our volunteers and our participants. Some of the mesures we are taking are:
- Each participant is explicitly asked not to come if they showed symptoms that could indicate a Corona contamination in the 2 weeks before the event. This is the case with at least one of the following main symptoms that have arisen acutely without any other apparent cause: cough; shortness of breath; chest pain; acute loss of odor and / or taste; returning from a destination that is marked as a red zone*- OR – at least two of the following symptoms, with no other apparent cause: fever; muscle strain; fatigue; nasal discharge; sore throat; headache; slimming; watery diarrhea; acute confusion; sudden fall – OR – worsening of chronic respiratory symptoms (lung disease, asthma, chronic cough …) with no other apparent cause. Every participant and volunteer will have to have his/her temperature measured before gaining access to the terrain.
- We will use a different course this year, instead of a point-to-point from Ettelbruck to Maboge for GE160 and from Clervaux to Maboge for GE80, we will have the start and the finish at Petite Mormont.
- We have spent a lot of time and effort in creating a splendid course for this 2020 edition, where you’ll be able to discover lots of trails that you’ve never ran before. We have done our utmost best to create an alternative that should be as beautiful, but also as hard, as the original Escapardenne Lee- and Eisleck trails from the normal course.
- The new and altered course map can be found at http://greatescape.legendstracking.com/
You can also download the gpx of the course there, make sure you download the latest version. Please note that some parts (mainly the first 80km of the 160km) are located on private terrain and are only accessible on the day of the race.
- No support will be allowed, not only on the course, as is always the case, but also in and around the checkpoints. This is a necessary action to ensure that checkpoints can adhere to the strict standards of COVID19 measures. This also means that this year there will be no pacers allowed for the 160km.
- To avoid large gatherings at the base before the start, unfortunately there will no pasta-party for GE160 and GE80. We do hope however to welcome you after the race for our legendary GE BBQ, all of course under the current guidelines from the government.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory at the start, entering the CPs and wherever the distance rule of 1.5m cannot be kept. The mouth mask may be removed while running/walking, as soon as you have taken enough distance from the other participants. As a participant you are responsible for bringing your mouth masks.
- The start will be given in waves for the 160km Walk (1 wave), 160km Run (4 waves) and 80km Run (2 waves). For the 80km Walk you can start between Saturday 6:00 pm and 6:30 pm.
- The registration hours will also be adjusted to these waves. The composition of the waves and the registration hours for the different waves will be communicated at the end of this week.
- For parking we refer to the parking lot of the barrage of Nisramont. A shuttle service will be provided. More details will follow later.
- There will be no shower facilities on site after arrival.
Further updates will follow in the coming days, and we’ll inform you by email, on our website and through our social media channels.
Should you have any question, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go the Distance, Be a Legend,
The Legends Trails team
An “escapade in the Ardennes”… ! 160km or 80km through the best that the Ardennes have to offer.
Set out on a bold course to get away from the daily round, escape from it all and dream about wide open spaces to be discovered on foot.
In the midst of the central Ardennes, you will discover 160 km of trails leading you from small discrete discoveries – an ancient cross, dry stone walls, streams… – to vast views!
Gossamer mists, peaceful dairy pastures, the fleeting appearance of a deer, a freshly mown meadow filling the air with a pleasant fragrance – a wealth of impressions and images so that the memory of your “escapade in the Ardennes” will stay with you!